|One Jem Too Many|
|Season 2, Episode 4|
|Air date||September 24, 1987|
|Written by||Buzz Dixon|
The Bands Break Up
Jerrica, stressed-out from dealing with tax forms and the usual trouble at home and the office, gets into trouble with a nasty-tempered Jem impersonator, whose outrageous, public meltdowns and temper tantrums threaten to destroy the real Jem's career.
- "Imagine Me" - Jem and The Holograms (as Jerrica)
- "Congratulations" - The Misfits
- "The Real Me" - Jem and The Holograms
- Kimber: You look beat, Jerrica. Why don't you come with us? We're going shopping.
- Aja: A new outfit will make you feel a 100% better!
- Jerrica: Percent. Oh, good thing you mentioned numbers, Aja. I forgot. Starlight Music's quarterly tax returns are due tomorrow.
- Fake Jem (to Rio): So. Where are you taking me? Not some cheap place, I hope.
- Rio: I thought we would go to the Red Rock Restaurant. Is that ok?
- Fake Jem: Perfect. Everybody who is anybody eats here.
- Fake Jem (to the Maitre' D while at the restaurant): Hey, baldy. We want the best table you've got. Now.
- Fake Jem: Those people will move. (walks up to a customer) You, fatso. Hit the road, Jack. I want to eat.
- Fake Jem (to the manager): You're selling my records at a discount.
- Manager: But Starlight Records gave permission... (avoiding records being thrown around by Jem) to lower the prices so more fans could afford them.
- Fake Jem: Let the mindless little twerps pay double.
- Rio (knocks at Jerrica's door): Hi. Can I come in? Ever think you know someone, but then they turn out to be completely the opposite of what you thought.
- Jerrica: What do you mean?
- Rio: Jem acted like a complete child and threw a temper tantrum when I took her to the Red Rock Restaurant.
- Jerrica: (baffled and in disbelief) Jem. But that's impossible.
- Rio: Yeah, I would have thought so too.
- Kimber (to Jerrica): Okay. What was the big scene in the record store all about?
- Raya: It seemed so unlike you.
- Shana: You can say that again. I was embarrassed to be a member of the band.
- Aja: We all were.
- Jerrica: What are you talking about? First, Rio says he had lunch with Jem and I know he couldn't have. And now you say I was at the record store, but I've been here all afternoon.
- Fake Jem (while at a vendor's booth): You think this garbage is going to sell. Here's what I think of your... (knocks over table) merchandise.
- (The Holograms follow Jem, but catch up to Jerrica)
- Jerrica: Hurry. She went this way. (taking off)
- Shana: She keeps switching back and forth.
- Raya: Catch her before she reveals she's Jem. (following Jerrica around the hall corner)
- Jerrica: She's trapped. This is a dead end. (seeing only a cleaning lady) This is impossible. I know she came down here. There's no way out.
- Jerrica: I am not cracking up. I know what I saw. I saw Jem at the show.
- Aja: Jerrica, if Jem wasn't you, who was she?
- Announcer: Let's go live to Hector Ramirez at the world premiere of Flint Westwood's new film, "My Fist in Your Face".
- Hector Ramirez: Flint Westwood himself is here. Along with Sigourney Loomis, martial arts star Bruth Lee and look who's just arrived: Jem.
- Fake Jem: Out of my way!
- Hector Ramirez: Jem. What's gotten into you?
- Fake Jem: Pipe down, Ramirez. I'm the star they want to see.
- Flint Westwood: But.. but it's my movie.
- Fake Jem: Okay. Here's some popcorn (dumping a bucket of popcorn on his head) to go along with it.
- Hector Ramirez: Folks, you saw it here first. Jem. Live and out of control.
- (When the cleaning lady comes in)
- Eric: (irritated) Lady, look, do your cleaning up some other time, huh? We're busy here. Now clear out.
- (The cleaning lady takes off her glasses and scarf, revealing herself as Jem)
- Eric: Jem, what are you doing here?
- Roxy: Spying on us.
- Jetta: Get lost, creep.
- Pizzazz: Relax, girls. Okay, Jem. You can drop the charade.
- (Jem pulls of her mask)
- Clash: Ta-da.
- Roxy, Jetta, Stormer, & Eric: Clash!
- Eric (on closed-circuit television): Welcome aboard to the S.S. Up the Creek, Jem. I hope you enjoy your pre-programmed cruise on the high seas. And while you're gone. My Jem will take over your concert and give your career a one way ticket to the bottom of the charts.
- Jem (after a motorist pulls his car over): Hi. Can we catch a ride?
- Little Girl: Daddy. It's Jem and the Holograms. Let's give them a ride.
- Dad: No. I've heard too many stories. I don't want my daughter associating with people like you.
- Little Girl: I don't think Jem did those things. It's just not like her.
- Jem: Thanks. You don't know how much that means to me.
- Jem (while confronting the fake Jem): Hold it right there. I don't know who you are or what kind of scam you are trying to pull, but it's ending right now.
- Fake Jem: What do you mean, scam? You're the one trying to run a scam. I'm the real Jem.
- Jem: All right. If you're the real Jem. Then prove it. Sing something.
- Although Jem and The Holograms are credited for singing "Imagine Me", Jerrica is the one actually singing it.
- "Congratulations" was first sung in Starbright (Part 2): Colliding Stars, and "I Believe In Happy Endings" in Culture Clash.
- In the "Congratulations" music video, the Misfits appear playing different instruments than those they usually play:
- When Clash is forced to perform for the audience, she attempts to sing a couple of lines of "I Believe In Happy Endings".
- Hector Ramirez is actually a crossover character who has made multiple appearances in other Hasbro/Sunbow series, such as G.I. Joe and The Transformers.