|Island of Deception|
|Season 1, Episode 20|
|Air date||November 8, 1986|
|Written by||Mary Skrenes|
The Princess and the Singer
| Next ►|
Old Meets New
Jem and The Holograms are invited to perform at a concert in St. Thomas and travel aboard a luxury ocean liner to get there. Eric and The Misfits, who are convinced there's a publicity stunt going on, tag along to cash in on it.
Later that evening, after giving a performance for the passengers and crew of the ship, Jem and the Holograms are tricked by the Misfits into hiding aboard a lifeboat under the misconception of giving the ship's captain a surprise for his birthday. When the prank goes wrong, it strands the Holograms and the Misfits on a tropical island. The girls, despite their rivalry must try to survive and get help from a hermit named Angus living on the island.
- Eric: (looking through binoculars) I don't believe this. The Misfits and the Holograms together?
- Pizzazz: (on the ledge, yelling) Jerrica, you creep. Where the heck are you?
- Kimber: It's dangerous out here!
- Roxy: Yeah. You think your cream puff sister is tougher than us? All alone in the jungle?
- Pizzazz: (during dinner) So what are Jem and the Holograms going at the Captain's table while we're stuck over in the boonies?
- Waiter: The Captain likes their music.
- Pizzazz: The Captain's a jerk.
- Jem: Throughout history, the seas has lured hearts to its promise of romance and adventure.
- Pizzazz: Just what are you four plotting?
- Kimber: We're talking about surviving.
- Pizzazz: Hah! What do you soft little wimps know about surviving?
- Pizzazz: Don't tell me what to do.
- Shana: Listen up, Pizzazz. Just this once, we're all going to work together.
- Angus: I'm Angus McBean. A hermit until I got my heart broke.
(everyone is in the boat going to the ship)
- Kimber: Well, now that we've learned how to survive together. Maybe we can be friends.
- Stormer: Well, I don't know. Yeah. Maybe.
- Roxy: Hey! Don't listen to her, Stormer. She just wants to horn in on our act.
- Pizzazz: Yeah. Remember you saved her life. She owes you.
- Aja: Oh, yeah. Well, who rescued Stormer from those wild pigs?
- Pizzazz: What? Now you're going to take credit for a rampaging elephant? Unbelievable!
- Lin-Z introduces the videos "Set Your Sails" and "It Takes Alot" at the end of the episode.
- Notice that when Jem gets in front of Shana in the lifeboat before they cover themselves but when they jump up and say "Happy Birthday", Jem's beside Kimber and Aja is in the front.